Student Health Insurance Plan Waiver Criteria
International students attending Stephen F Austin State University are required to be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan unless the student has an approved waiver request. Alternative health insurance coverage must meet the following requirements:
Students must meet one of the three following criteria:
1. Student is sponsored by the United State government.
2. Student is sponsored by a foreign government recognized by the United States or certain international, government sponsored or non-governmental organizations.
3. Student is enrolled in an employer-provided group health plan.
Health Insurance Requirements:
1. Medical coverage is currently active.
2. Medical coverage must provide benefits of $100,000 per accident or illness.
3. Plan has a deductible of $500 or less.
4. Proof of Repatriation coverage of $25,000
5. Proof of Medical Evacuation coverage of $50,000 to student’s home country.
Acquire the following scanned documents before clicking below to submit your waiver information:
1. An electronic copy of the front and back of your health insurance ID card.
2. An electronic copy of your complete insurance policy document, including exclusions and limitations and dependent coverage.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR WAIVER REQUEST ONLY IF YOU MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA AND HAVE YOUR SCANNED DOCUMENTS READY